GDM, part II ...

Hello again, dearest gnome-list readers...

Well, back with my gdm problem, I finally had the time to resolve my
configuration, and meanwhile I'm around with GNOME 1.1.9 but gdm still won't
work... Thanks to you folks which kindly provided me with a few valuable tips
on that, I've now tried the following things to gain root-login through gdm on
my machine:

-- setting "AllowRootLogin" in the gdm.conf to "1" .. this was the first thing
I've tried when I installed the gdm, and it doesn't work...

-- removing / renaming /etc/securetty... no results with this.

-- checking for PAM files / configuration, but obviously Stampede 0.89 doesn't
use PAM so far, at least I did neither find any packages on that nor some PAM
configuration files, so I'm tending to say it's not there.

Soo... Does anyone else probably have *another* idea what could be wrong this
way?? I'd be pretty thankful for any new hints on that... :)))

Thanks for reading, bye! Have a nice weekend,

Kris
Kristian Rink  ** kristian.rink@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de  **
www.tu-chemnitz.de/~rink

"Some people see things as they are and ask: Why?
 Some dream about things that never were and ask: Why not?"
(G.B.Shaw)