Re: GNOME Administration

Carl Riches <riches@ms.washington.edu> writes:> We run a bunch of different kinds of Unix systems, including RedHat
> I have been unable to figure out what files GNOME uses to configure itself,
> and may not be looking in the correct locations for the config files.
> Perhaps I'm seeing the files but not understanding how they work.  Can
> someone help me out with this information?

That someone is me ;-) The doc is pretty minimal but I was hoping for more (or
in fact some) additions from folks out there ;-/ Something high on the todo
list is to go through the .gnome dir config files and sort them out.

Please send me and or the list any specific questions you have so I can start
an faq - we will all do our best to answer them.

> Someone started a document here:
>  http://www.maths.warwick.ac.uk/~pgc/gnome/

I've changed jobs and that page won't last much longer - try
http://www.darboux.uklinux.net/gnome/

(It's correct on the doctable)

Paul