Re: System administration with GNOME.
- From: Lauris Kaplinski <lauris ariman ee>
- To: René Seindal <rene seindal dk>
- cc: Miguel de Icaza <miguel helixcode com>, Hassan Aurag <aurag crm umontreal ca>, gnome-list gnome org, gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: System administration with GNOME.
- Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 16:51:21 +0200 (CEST)
On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, René Seindal wrote:
> > 1. Specify universal config file syntax (xml?). It should also specify
> > in-memory interface (DOM?), CORBA bindings etc.
> > 2. Write real parsers for most existing config files.
> > 3. Write output filters
> > 4. Write GUI
> > To implement (1) does not mean moving to central registry - only unified
> > in-memory representation. But you can still dump meta-config-data into
> > separate (xml?) file - imagine what it means for people needing kickstart
> > installs etc.
> > Writing (2) is probably trickiest part (sendmail!) - but if we would have
> > well-designed (1), it is mostly mechanical work (read spec and write yacc)
> If the sendmail configuration module is made to work on the m4 files it
> should be a lot easier. They are usually quite simple and work at a more
> logical level.
To be really portable, it should read sendmail.cf & various ...table
] [Thread Prev