RE: xscreensaver

On 16-Mar-00 christopher bates wrote:
> I have recently switched from KDE to Enlightenment and am having trouble
> getting xscreensaver to do anything except black out the screen. The massive
> list of screensavers in the GNOME control centre don't seem to work. Can
> anyone
> think of any package I haven't got that I need to run it or anything that
> might
> cause this?

        The inevitable question - what version of GNOME libs, core, and
control center are you running? If you're running this stuff on RedHat
Linux and are using the RPMs, just type:

        rpm -q gnome-libs gnome-core control-center

        to find this out. I remember about the time of gnome-libs
1.0.40 or so (maybe it was earlier) that I saw a similar problem. The
versions of control-center and gnome-libs didn't get along somehow.
Upgrading to the latest version and blowing away my ~/.gnome directory
fixed that one.

Date: 16-Mar-00  Time: 14:31:47

Craig Orsinger                  (email: <orsingerc@epg-gw1.lewis.army.mil>)
Logicon RDA
Bldg. 8B28                      "Just another megalomaniac with ideas above his
6th & F Streets                 station. The Universe is full of them."
Ft. Lewis, WA   98433                   - The Doctor