documentation

Folks!
I am writing a GNOME application which needs to be extensively documented.
I also noticed that many GNOME apps are using DocBook as the standard
(as many other Open Source products). My question is about some sort of
general guideline about setting up working DocBook environment. I poked
around and saw that SGML-tools is suspended, looked at a few other
utilities, got confused and ended up writing this very letter.

Any hints on the subject?

Thanks,
		Sergei