Re: allow root for xscreensaver?

> Sure it is.  If they have any programs running that break when C-A-BS,
> maybe it'll teach them not to go on vacation logged in.

Trust me, it doesn't. That's what I have been doing for months.
Actually, most of the users have unofficially assigned machines so
some xlocking is fine. Sometimes people forget for a couple of days
tho and that's usually not acceptable. Just not when it goes for days
on end.

I noticed that GNOME is setting up xscreensaver to use the -lock-mode
option and I've also set the global Xresource but it still doesn't
work. No ~/.xscreensaver in my ~ overriding the global defaults
...I'm stumped.

--
| Nathan Valentine - <nrvale0@pop.uky.edu>  |