pppd daemon dies unexpectedly with Gnome-PPP ?

Hello all,

My sound config now works good. Thanks to all your good advice.

Nom I'm trying to run Gnome-PPP. I have set all the settings and i'm
having problems. When I try to connect, first I see in the bottom of the
window the message pppd is running (which is good I think) but then it
gives me the message :

The pppd daemon died unexpectedly.

Now, for your information, first time I ran it, it displayed a message
saying that I did not have permissions so I set chmod 777 on the ppd
daemon. This just changed the message to the one above. Since I dont
have any problem using USernet to connect, I am inclined to think the
changing of permissions is not responsible for the failure of pppd while
using Gnome-PPP but I am not sure.

I was also wondering whether this could be due to the Script part. I use
a dialup connexion so I put :

	Receive 	Login:
	Send User Name
	Receive	Password:
	Send User Password

I think all the other parts of the config are good.

When I look in the debug script : it is just written :

------NEW CONNECTION --------

So if someone has an idea, please let me know. All mmy gratefullness in
advance.