Re: gmix auto-unmute behaviour

On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 10:10:53AM +1000, Darryl Bailey wrote:
> > I disagree with gmix's behaviour when you move the sliders on a
> > muted channel. It automatically unmutes the channel. This reduces
> > the usefulness of the mute button.
>
> I dont use gmix but it actually sorta sounds like not a bad sorta thing as
> its noticed you have moved the slider, why are you moving the muted slider
> in the first place unless you are wanting to turn the level up or down, bit
> pointless moving a muted channels slider.

Well, the text you didn't quote was "If there's a really loud sound
playing, but the channel is muted, you can't lower the slider on
that channel without turning on the loud sound for a moment."

See?

Interestingly, the mixer applet does things differently. It disables
the slider while the mute is on. These programs should at least be
consistent.