Menu editor misses some items

Hi,

I'm a newbie, this is my first time posting, please be gentle :-)

I am using gnome 1.0.55 .

I have a few questions. The usual apologies if this has been posted
before. I have looked, but it didn't seem to be.

1.
The menu editor doesn't seem to pick up all the items that are actually
in the main menu. For instance, under "System" and "Multimedia", the
editor fails to mention that XMMS is there (among other apps) even though
it surely is, and even though the editor seems to be picking up some other
items (like ESD Volumen meter) that are there as well. This happens even
when I'm logged in as root.

2.
Is there any way to change the actual structure of the main menu? What
if I don't want a "User menus" sub-menu? While were at it, is there any
way to change the menu that appears when I left click on the main panel?

Yes, I have tried to RTFM (just learned that acronym, I like it!), but I
couldn't find the information I wanted. I used the help system that came
with the GNOME help browser. If you could perhaps point me to more helpful
document, or just tell me how to do this yourself, that would be greatly
appreciated.

While were on the topic of the GNOME help browser...am I crazy or does it
*not* work with the arrows keys?...I can't scroll down with the down
arrow...

Thanks is advance...

Desmond Rivet          rivet@ecf.utoronto.ca
Eng Sci 0T0 + PEY      rivet_d@hotmail.com

   You live and learn, or you don't live long