I Broke Something

I've been using gnome for about 1 week now, so if this question seems
somewhat ignorant, forgive me.  I used Helix to download and install
gnome.  I did not download the development directories.  Later, I was
trying to install a RPM, and it complained that it could not find some
library.  So, using Helix, I downloaded and installed all of the
development libraries and files.  The RPM installed just fine, but now I
can't get anything to compile, even programs that previously compiled
with no problem.  Following is the output of an attempt to compile
bluefish-0.4, which I have previously successfully installed on my
system:

In file included from /usr/include/bits/errno.h:25
                             from /usr/include/errno.h:36
                             from init.c:27
/usr/include/linux/errno.h:4: asm/errno.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [init.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/working/bluefish-0.4/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

This error message is fairly common, regardless of what I try to
compile, although the length of the error message varies from program to
program.  The error always complains of asm/something-or-other.

Any ideas on what I've broken?  I'd sure like to get this fixed.  I've
got miles of code to compile.

Thanks!

--
Stephen E. Hargrove