Re: Problems using remote X in Gnome 1.2

Still having problems with this.  I did some more digging around in the
gdm.conf file (comparing it to the gdm.conf.rpmsave that the upgrade made) and
noticed in the new conf file I had:
[xdmcp]
Enable=0
HonorIndirect=0

But in the gdm.conf.rpmsave file:
[xdmcp]
Enable=1
HonorIndirect=1

So I changed these values in the gdm.conf file, but it didn't seem to make any
difference.  I keep trying to log in from the NCD machine, and I noticed that
the icons that parade across on the Gnome splash screen don't always come up
in the same order, but I NEVER get the Sawfish icon to show up.

Anyone know what is the difference between doing an xdmcp session from a PC
using Exceed and from an NCD xterminal (by the way is this the right term for
the machine?  It is a "dumb" terminal that allows you to have an X session
with any other machine on your local network that is honoring the xdmcp
protocol)

And Jacob, I'm not sure what you mean to login to only an xterm.  I'd be happy
to try it if you could tell me what you are trying to get me to do!