Re: ./configure, a Newbie question

If you installed Gnome 1.2 from HelixCode, why not download they devel rpm's
from them as well! Go to www.helixcode.com. Click on Download, then Packages.
You'll get a list of individual packages that you can download. Devel packages
are near the bottom.

	= L

> I recently installed gnome 1.2 via helix's install script.
> Most things are fine, but when I try to install gnome software I get a message
> to the effect that gnome.h not found.
> After digging a while I found out that I need gnome-libs-devel.  I found
> gnome-libs-devel-0.20-3.i386 RPM, I tried to install this file, it asks for
> other files (esound-devel, etc.), found the latest of those.  Trying to install
> those, but at a point I hit a wall, because the installation tells me the some
> helix apps need later versions than the ones I can find.
>
> What am I doing wrong? Has anyone else had this problem?  What is the solution?
> Where are the gnome (helix compliant version of gnome-libs-devel, and other
> files this one is dependent on?

|   LOBAN AMAAN RAHMAN  <-- anagram of -->  AHA! AN ABNORMAL MAN!   |
|  MSC #763, Caltech, Pasadena, CA 91126, USA. Tel: 1-626-395-1406  |
|     loban@earthling.net, loban@caltech.edu, http://i.am/loban     |