Proto-FAQ for GNOME 1.2: comments requested

Lots of people commented on the lack of a FAQ on the new GNOME website.
Well, the existing FAQ can be acquired from CVS, and I had a look at it
and it looked horribly, horribly out of date.

I have had a stab at starting a new FAQ. Specifically, a users' FAQ.
(There was a decision to split the FAQ into user and developer halves
because it was so big. Someone else can do the developer one :)) It's
very very under construction and may well destroy machines, eat GNOME
settings, and use the last of the hot water before you run your bath.

It is in no sense finished. It has questions with no answers, questions
with partial answers, and (I fear) questions with incorrect answers.
Comments, particularly those containing answers as well as more questions,
are welcome.

It's probably most accurate for RH, because that's what I have. Some
SuSE and Debian folks have had a look for me, but I desperately need
feedback from Caldera, Solaris, and *BSD users in particular.

You can either get the DocBook version and struggle through that
(it isn't like a binary file, it won't mess up your terminal if you
read it: is just full of things in angle brackets which make reading
a nuisance), get the DocBook version and run 'db2html' on it if you
have the DocBook tools installed (you don't need the GNOME additions
for DocBook for this, just normal DocBook tools), or browse the HTML
result of 'db2html' on the web.

http://www.linux.org.uk/~telsa/GDP/proto-faq.tar.gz
http://www.linux.org.uk/~telsa/GDP/gnome-faq/index.html

For CVS lovers, the FAQ is actually in CVS in the
gnome-docu/gnome-faq/users-faq-1.2/ directory. Any updates will
appear there first, and get put on the website later. When it
appears not to destroy people's GNOME setups, I'll submit it to
the GNOME website proper.

There's not a lot about Helix GNOME there, and some of the questions
about GNOME 1.2 from this list are not yet in it, because I was
working from the 1.1 pre-releases and I haven't yet got GNOME 1.2.

Telsa