Re: xscreensaver-gl

"Mark Atkinson <mha@island.net>" wrote:

> The libraries
> are there, but I'm still getting the same failed dependencies error.

Just to make sure, as root run

bash% ldconfig -p | grep libGL

if you have not done so already.

You should obtain the following output:

        libGLU.so.1 (libc6) => /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1
        libGLU.so (libc6) => /usr/lib/libGLU.so
        libGL.so.1 (libc6) => /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
        libGL.so (libc6) => /usr/lib/libGL.so

If you do, then something weird is going on.  If you don't, then the
GL libraries are not indexed properly; this is probably not the
case, since you say you have checked the paths in "/etc/ld.so.conf"

Which version of Mesa or other GL implementation do you have
installed?  I use the Helix Code GNOME 1.2 distribution w/o
problems.  My Mesa RPMs:

bash% rpm -qa | grep Mesa
Mesa-3.2-1
Mesa-devel-3.2-1

I obtained my Mesa RPMs from the Mesa website at "http://www.mesa3d.o
rg".  If you have an earlier version of Mesa, try upgrading.  If you
have a different OpenGL implementation, try asking people
knowledgeable about that one on its mailing list.

I hope this helpful; good luck.

Regards,

Sourav Mandal

Sourav K. Mandal

Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Department of Physics
http://web.mit.edu/smandal/www/

"In enforcing a truth we need severity rather than
efflorescence of language. We must be simple,
precise, terse."

                      -- Edgar Allan Poe,
                        "The Poetic Principle"