xscreensaver-gl

Please excuse me if this topic has been discussed before. I haven't dug
my way through all the archives yet.
I downloaded the newest version of Gnome and had no trouble installing
it except for the xscreensaver-gl package (RPM's by the way). I got a
failed dependency error - libraries needed, so I downloaded the
appropriate libraries which were libGL.so.1 and libGLU.so.1, installed
them, and checked the ld.so.conf file and ran ldconfig. The libraries
are there, but I'm still getting the same failed dependencies error.

I realize this is probably not a Gnome problem and more to do with my
lack of knowledge regarding the libGL stuff, but if someone could point
me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I've checked
the xscreensaver web page and several others.

Thanks,
Mark Atkinson