Re: No GNOME Sound Events When in Run-Level 5 (Found Problem!!!)

On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 11:28:15PM -0400, Bruce W. Bigby wrote:

> I suppose that, if I wanted to set the DISPLAY variable, I should have
> done something like this:
>
> DISPLAY=localhost.localdomain:0.0
>
> Would that suffice? I don't feel like testing it now. It's late and my
> wife wants a foot massage; later.  :-)

If all your applications will be running on the same machine as the X
server, as is normally the case, just use "DISPLAY=:0.0".  This allows
the X server to select the best available transport (typically shared
memory or Unix domain sockets).

-- John Kodis.