Re: LANG & LC_ALL and GNOME 1.2

"Bruce W. Bigby" <bbigby@rochester.rr.com> writes:

> Hi, after I upgraded to GNOME 1.2, the environment variables LANG and
> LC_ALL became defined as (null). How do I get rid of this? It's causing
> Visual SlickEdit to crash, because it can't set the locale.

You don't say how you upgraded to GNOME 1.2, but the basic
problem is that your gdm and gnome-core are mismatched.
The standard Red Hat packages include complementary changes
to gdm and gnome-core to fix the language selection code.
I've seen some evidence that Helix has one of these but
not the other in their RPMs.
                                        Owen