Re: LANG & LC_ALL and GNOME 1.2
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: "Bruce W. Bigby" <bbigby rochester rr com>
- Cc: "List, GNOME" <gnome-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: LANG & LC_ALL and GNOME 1.2
- Date: 09 Jun 2000 09:05:34 -0400
"Bruce W. Bigby" <email@example.com> writes:
> Hi, after I upgraded to GNOME 1.2, the environment variables LANG and
> LC_ALL became defined as (null). How do I get rid of this? It's causing
> Visual SlickEdit to crash, because it can't set the locale.
You don't say how you upgraded to GNOME 1.2, but the basic
problem is that your gdm and gnome-core are mismatched.
The standard Red Hat packages include complementary changes
to gdm and gnome-core to fix the language selection code.
I've seen some evidence that Helix has one of these but
not the other in their RPMs.
] [Thread Prev