Re: Gnome and touchpad

Hmm; this happened to me when I installed Mandrake 7.0  on my Dell Inspiron
5000. The problem turned out to be not a touchpad problem, but that I was
using the wrong X server or the wrong horizontal refresh rate--I forget
which.

Try playing around with the resolutions and horizontal and vertical speeds.
Also, I would recommend trying the generic XF86Config file first (the file
should be in something like /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config.eg) and see if the
problem goes away.

Judith