what's this gnome-moz-remote? - Re: netscape 4.73 & gnome 1.2:

I notice'd the netscape shortcut doesn't call netscape
directly but a program called gnome-moz-remote.  what
does this do?  Not only that but if this
gnome-moz-remote calls the first netscape in your path
and you're on Redhat 6.2 but it will most probably get
/usr/bin/netscape which isn't the real netscape but
seems to be a redhat script.

Can anybody shed some light on what's going on? why
all the wrappers?