Re: Panel positioning on small screens

On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 08:06:14PM +0100 or thereabouts, gnome-list@phred.demon.co.uk wrote:
> Hope someone can help me:
>
> I'm running Gnome on my laptop; just upgraded to 1.2, which definitely runs
> faster than whatever version I had before.
>
> On to my problem: My laptop's screen is 800x600, but I use a virtual
> scrolling screen at 1024x768. I find that this limits the usefulness of all
> those nifty panel applets - most of the time they're off the screen, and I
> have to mouse around to view them. What I really want is to be able to pin
> the panels to the edges of the _screen_ rather than the desktop. Does
> such a mechanism exist? If it doesn't, is it possible?

Well, I dunno about pinning to the edge of the screen, but I have a
"floating panel" running down the centre of my screen very often. It
is just visible and clickable-on, despite the apps covering much of
its edges up.

I'm not sure how practical a solution this is for other people, but
it works for me.

Telsa