Help with GDM

Hi Everyone,

I had to manually upgrade a machine of mine from Redhat 6.0 to
6.2 (Don't ask!).  Everything went well, and X/Gnome works fine
when started from a terminal session (startx).  BUT, GDM seems not
to be working fine.  If I set the machine to runlevel 5, the X
screen flashes into view (blue background and giant X cursor) then
it dies, loops, and does it over and over and over.  I'm sure the
problem is the GDM setup, specifically for RedHat.  It's like something
didn't get initialized, or a program is failing, etc.

Any suggestions on where to start looking? I'm gonna start comparing
files to a machine I have at work that works, but that is probably
gonna get tedious!

Thanks in advance!
-Scott