Re: Win32 port

A few more cents. :)
The minidistrib would be nice for making an easy to use/setup linux
distrib. My suggestion was more of an argument for windows->linux. The
minidistrib would simplify the problem but wouldnt eliminate it. The
problem of getting apps over. If gnome was available for windows, apps
could be developed for windows using gnome code, which allows windows apps
to be migrated from windows slowly, not all at once, and still provides
backwards compatability with older apps until such time that they are no
longer needed. then, the "big switch" can be easily made. Its not a
suggestion for getting linux apps to windows (which would be a step down),
but rather a way for windows apps to prepair for moving to linux, which
woudl be a step up.