Re: gnome-session-startup-warnings

Michael Chalvatzis [ Mon, Jun 05, 2000 at 09:44:11AM +0200 ] :
> Hello,
>
> i installed gnome1.2 form the tarballs on a slackware7.0 system. Everything
> compiled fine so far. But when i start gnome i see the following output in my
> .xsession-errors:
>
> Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
> SESSION_MANAGER=local/ffm035:/tmp/.ICE-unix/538
>
> Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
>
> Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
>
> Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
>
> Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
>
> Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
>
> Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
> and so on...
> (..)
>
> Question: What is the severity of this message? And what can i do to solve
> this problem?

as I'm getting them almost every login, this is only a problem if a translation
 for your $LANG ( at/de, right ? ) isn't available. I've asked this some time
  ago if one could make this situation a bit better and avoid these warnings
   but noone seems to know. About 2/2 resembling mails have been sent to the
    list. Someone ready to help us ?

I get the same warnings if I'm loggin in with a $LANG ( -> tr for me ). With a
 unset LANG in your ~/.profile ouy can avoid these warnings but then you need
  to know English ;)