Sawmill and Gnome 1.2?

Hi
I recently upgraded the version of Gnome that came with Redhat 6.2 to Gnome
1.2.
I did this be removing all the Gnome rpm's and then compiling the Gnome 1.2
packages from source tarballs.
This went without problem, loading everything just fine, except for the
sawfish window manager.

Before starting gnome 1.2 for the first time i removed all of my old
~/.gnome* dirs and files, as well as most of the other X11 config stuff from
my home dir to get the default Gnome 1.2 startup.
This however did not start Sawfish as the window manager, in fact, i can
detect no trace of sawfish on my system.

I presume this means i have to install sawfish independantly of gnome 1.2,
and then add it as the window manager?

Where can I find documentation relating to the procedure of getting sawfish
and gnome 1.2 to intergrate properly?

Thanks
Peter Bates

Peter Bates.vcf