Re: Gnome's Future

>   With the coming of Gnome 1.2  I was wondering what the far future
> holds?  Newer processors can handle so much more these days will there
> one day be a voice activated Gnome? Just wondering while smoking
> crack....

Actually, there are things out there that will do that.  ViaVoice can
probably help a voice activated GNOME possible.  In addition, the xml
standard committee just approved an addition for VoiceXML API.  So there's
something right there.  Lastly, there is a project called Openh323
(http://wwww.openh323.org) that has something called voxilla that is sort
of a commandline equivalent of netmeeting andis known to interact with
netmeeting as well.  Definitely something to think about as an addition to
the GNOME office suite.

	sri