Re: Changing X login back

On Sun, Jun 04, 2000 at 10:55:57AM -0500, Bob Waskosky wrote:
> Hi.
> Can somebody tell me how to change my graphical login back to what it was before I installed 1.2?

Presumably you were still using gdm, so just have a look in
/etc/gdm. The file which determines the look of gdm is gdm.conf.
If you're running Debian, the old one will be "gdm.conf.dpkg-old",
RedHat "gdm.conf.rpmsave" and others probably something similar.

Try copying the new gdm.conf to gdm.conf.new, and then copying the
backed up one to gdm.conf. That ought to work, although it may need
some fiddling.

The only difference that won't be fixed is that the Helix Gnome
distribution (at least the debs) is compiled for XFree86, and expects
the XFree extensions. I've noticed that it doesn't work on other X
servers over a network. (Filed a bug report, but thought I'd mention it.)

--
Grahame Bowland                    gbowland@tartarus.uwa.edu.au
                                     http://gbowland.ucc.asn.au