From: *~ A L Y D H A R S H I ~* [mailto:aly.dharshi@cs.uleth.ca]
Sent: 31 maja 2000 18:01
To: Gorycki, Janusz
Cc: gnome-list@gnome.org; support@cs.uleth.ca; takeyasu@cs.uleth.ca;
Anand Buddhdev
Subject: Possible Solution:gnome-session doesn't start on solaris

Hi There,

      I went through such a tantrum, but what I did (finally) is moved all
the
Xsession.gnome and Xsession.gnome2 </usr/dt/config> also Xinitrc.gnome
+ their Xresources.gnome </usr/dt/config/C/Xresources.d> file to the
default place on Solaris /usr/dt/config and edited those files to point the
paths to the correct place and viola it worked not before I realised that it

doesn't work over a remote session on the boxes. For some reason you
cannot make use of Helix Gnome on an xdcmp session on another Sun
Box. For some odd reason I also had to set up correct ownership and
permissions which I thought that the software would do. During Helix
installer installation I had to manually create the .gnome and
.gnome_private directories in my home directory e.g /home/support and
change ownership to nobody:nobody .

      But I guess for our CS labs students will use it directly at the
workstation or console so it doesn't really matter. Hope that was helpful

       Cheers,

         Aly.

        Jr. System Administrator.
        Math and CS Department.
        University of Lethbridge.

-------
aly.dharshi@cs.uleth.ca

"Aly prefers Plain Text messages compared to HTML based messages"

                     - His E-Mail Program -