Re: The GNOME community appreciates what red Hat is doing

> > BS.  LWN didn't need to make it controversial.  Miguel did that all by
> > himself.  His speech doesn't get any less offensive (to the people
> > offended)
>
> I won't deny Miguel made it controversial.  But I've still seen the press
> create controversy when it didn't have to.

Sure, and I've seen LWN do it on occassion (The Reiserfs kernel "thing").

> > if you read it entirely.  Miguel has a history of attention-grabbing
> > public statements.  That's fine, he's a showman.  It's good for Gnome.
> > But trying to push the blame off onto LWN and Slashdot is ludicrous.
>
> Actually, I'm somewhat surprised with LWN.  Generally, LWN makes the most
> reasonable editorials I have yet encountered.  I respect them
> especially for good journalism.  I just felt that there was a tad too much
> yellow journalism in this issue for my taste.

They focused on the main headline, but when Mig presents that statement in
"big, bold letters" (his words), then you have to see it coming.  :)

> > Sri, you may just have to take a good look and see that, occassionally,
> > the king has no clothes...
>
> I'm not so much pro-Miguel as I'm anti-press. :-) I just hate seeing
> people being mis-stated regardless of the person.

As do I, and it happens a lot.  It's even happened to Miguel before.  But not
this time. :)

Sorry for coming off harshly.  It didn't sound as bad when I was typing it.

Matthew