Problems with Print Applet.....

I am running RH6.2 and the latest greatest HelixGnome.....
I have been trying to define several Print Applets on the Panel via the
GUI, but whenever I try to commit, the Applet_[NUMBER]_Extern file
throws away my args - basically "-P[PRINTERNAME]".....
So, I tried to write them in manually, but the config database doesnt
seem to like that either.....

Where is this database, how does it work and how do I access it easily
(command line,possibly?), or how do I get the args to write from the
property dialogue box?

Ultimately, I would like to build a standard panel for default corporate
wide distribution, using some ENV VARS, but I need some info.....

TIA

WPH