Re: Again, How to show chinese in gnome-terminal?

Hello yangbt/LCS/Legend%LEGEND,

Tuesday, July 25, 2000, 9:24:46 AM, you wrote:

yLLLlcc> Could anybody tell me how to do that. I've tried to show chinese in
yLLLlcc> gnome-terminal ,but it is proved useless. I can show chinese in other gnome
yLLLlcc> software such as gtop,gedit etc, except for gnome-terminal. I use
yLLLlcc> "gnome-terminal --help" .And there is no option about multibyte encodings.

Gnome-terminal only show UTF8 encoding. Chinese used in practical are
either GB or Big5 encoding. That is why you cannot really use Chinese
in gnome-terminal even though it provide 'Chinese support' throught
unicode.

--
Best regards,
 hashao                            mailto:hashao@china.com.n.s.pam