Re: Panel buttons - create new process or restore existing?

>Can a panel launcher button check whether the application is already
>running (e.g. minimized) and if so restore it without starting another
>instance?
>(or is it the responsibility of the app started to detect and restore
>running instances?).

Well, some apps use the "factory" system, creating new windows, like GNOME's
terminal. IIRC we discussed that at the GUI list, and it would be cool a
check button in the settings allowing user to choose between new app (some
people like to use multiple instances, this is not MS Windows 3.1, and
separate processes protect when one crashes) or use current (deiconify, what
normal, non weird, users would preffer).

Have you checked that those idea is not in the bug list of the app as
wishlist item? Maybe you should post it if not.

GSR