conflict? gnome updater vs. RH up2date

A week or so ago, I did the full package Helix install on my RH6.1 system.
I was very happy with the way things went... until last night.  Last night
I went to use RH's 'up2date' program, hmm, it's not in the menu structure
anymore.  I see there are 2 up2date prgrams: /usr/bin/up2date and
/usr/sbin/up2date, neither of which work, now.

Did the helix install wipe it out?
Intentionally?
Why is it the up2date binaries no longer work?
If/when I re-install the RH up2date package, will it accurately determine
the current status of the system software?
Are the helix installer/updater and RH up2date compatible with each other?

Is this a common problem?
Ideas?  Suggestions?

                            - Martin J. Brown, Jr. -
                            - mjbjr@beaudesign.com -