Re: GNOME PPP

> From: "Wander de Castro Silva" <wcsilva@uai.com.br>
> Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 00:12:01 -0300

> Please, folks
> Help me
> Could anyone send a default script for gppp?
> I know I've got to recognize the CONNECT, send my User Name and my =
> Password, but how? I've got to know the sequence of Receives and Sends.
> Help
>
> Thanx
>
> Wander C Silva

First, please turn off the HTML duplication of your message that I
deleted.  Second, most likely your ISP does not want the send/receive
sequences.  It's been a while since I've used gnome-ppp, but I think
the following is correct.  Basically you need to put your ISP username
and password in /etc/ppp/pap-secrets.  Something like:

wcsilva my_isp your_isp_password

Then in the authentication dialog put:

username: wcsilva
remote name: my_isp
passowrd: your_password

Obviously, replace these with the appropriate info (although my_isp
just needs to match the middle word in /etc/ppp/pap-secrets - doesn't
matter what it actually is.

Also, remove everything in /etc/ppp/options, but don't delete the file
(I think gnome-ppp wants to see an empty options file).

If you really think your ISP wants to see send/receive sequences (but
try the above first), there is no default.  To see what it is use the
program minicom to dial up your ISP and watch the output.

You probably want something like:

receive: name:      (the last few characters of username)
send: wcsilva
receive: word:
send: your_password

The first one may be: login instead of username so you would use:
receive: ogin:

You might also try reading the PPP HOWTO for more details, although I
haven't looked at it in ages so I don't know how up to date it is.

HTH,
Dave