Re: Gnome Terminal startup

On Sat, Jul 08, 2000 at 09:58:26AM -0500 or thereabouts, Scott Rucka wrote:
> Hi,
> How can I have gnome terminal run a command upon startup?

It's in the gnome-terminal help manual.

file:/usr/share/gnome/help/gnome-terminal/C/options.html (on RH Linux,
prefix may differ if you're on SuSE or something)

     * --command CMD, -e CMD
       Runs the CMD command at startup time.
     * --execute CMD ARGS, -x CMD ARGS
       Executes the command CMD with its arguments ARGS on startup. No
       arguments beyond this one will be processed by the terminal. This
       behaviour mimics the xterm -e behaviour.

And gnome-terminal --help

  -e, --command=COMMAND       Execute this program instead of a shell
  -x, --execute=COMMAND       Execute this program the same way as xterm does

Eg, a launcher I have for lynx has this command in the 'properties' stuff:
(I have put a \ mark in here: it's all one line in reality)

gnome-terminal --geometry=80x25 --title=Lynx --tclass=see-through \
--command="lynx http://roadrunner.swansea.linux.org.uk/~hobbit/links-index.html"

Eg, one of my url handlers is in the control-centre as:

Protocol Command
ftp	 gnome-terminal --title Ncftp -e 'ncftp "%s"'

Da-dah! (And sorry to the people who have seen these before.)

Telsa