Desktop Management

Environment:
  Redhat 6.0
  Gnome (Stock Redhat)
  Enlightenment (Stock Redhat)

We have a multi user application running on diskless workstations, which
by the way have touch screens.   There is a problem with regards to the
management of the desktop.  Almost every time someone uses there finger
to launch an application, the app launches but also duplicates the
launcher.  So after a few hours the users have lots of launchers
cluttering up the desktop.

The question is, can anyone tell me if there is a way to set up a
desktop that is not configurable by the user (locked), or an easy way to
reset a desktop to some default settings (rebuild launchers on panel).
And if so, what files or settings need to be set.

Regards,

Rob Pohlman MIS/Binsons Hospital Supplies
robp@binsons.com