Re: Panel focus when auto hide active.

On  6 Jul, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 08, 2000 at 10:12:35PM +1200 or thereabouts, Ian Collins wrote:
>> I have my panels set to auto-hide.
>> When I select a hidden panel, it pulls itself down behind any windows that
>> are obscuring it.
>> Is there any way to make the panel pull down on top of windows?
>> (I hope that made sense - it's late).
>
> Not that I've tried this :) But I would imagine that
> Control Center->Panel->Miscellaneous will help: there's a "keep panel
> below windows" checkbox. Make sure you have not got this checked?

Except that when that option is unchecked, GNOME's panels are kept
"above" all other windows--even when the panels don't have focus.

I've got sawfish's matched windows set to keep panels in the same layer
as other windows so that I can raise either a panel or a window to the
top.

But it seems that autohide panels use layer switching as part of their
hiding strategy, which means that after their initial mapping, sawfish
is unable to bring them back to the desired layer.

Regards,

Barthel
--
   ld_barthel@yahoo.com | http://geocities.com/Area51/Shire/4063
gpg fingerprint: 8D3F 4BFF D36B BFCC FEE5  86A0 2AAF D3DA C395 641E

Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and
     oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water,
     a vital ingredient in beer.
     - Dave Barry