Re: Dial up connection error (and where to find RH non-GNOME answers)

On Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 06:19:42AM -0700 or thereabouts, Johan wrote:
> I have Redhat 6.1 & the Xwindows running well with  gnome.
> But when I try to open Dial Up Connection there is an  error as follow:
> Application "rp3-config" (process 485) has crashed due  to a fatal error
> (Segmentation fault). Anyone can help?

This question has come up so often on gnome-list that I know the answer
despite not using the thing and despite the fact it's not actually a
GNOME thing.

Really it's a question for a Red Hat user list, such as redhat-list
(described as general Red Hat Q and A): you can subscribe to it and
other RH lists at http://www.redhat.com/mailing-lists/list_subscribe.html

But anyway: Red Hat 6.1 came with a dodgy version of rp3 which dumped
core. You need an updated version of the package, and possibly an
updated version of wvdial. You can find them either in the 6.2 directory
of the ftp site, or by looking through the Red Hat errata page at
http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/

Telsa