Re: Browsing technology for Gnome? Mozilla?

Sean Middleditch wrote:

> I believe he means embedding it in other programs, or having the programs
> control Mozilla's behaviour... I believe Mozilla is going to be a bonobo
> component or something of that nature, yes?

That's part of my question.

I think one of the goals of applications under development for the Gnome Office
project is that much of their internal code can be called and used within other
applications.

Micro$oft has in-place editing and so on, where MS Office apps can be accessed
within IE's browser windows.  I am wondering if anything like that is being explored
with Mozilla and the Gnome Office apps.

Another example, let's say I am developing a program and I want my program to
have a spreadsheet view in a tabbed window and a browser display in another.
Perhaps I could do this by embedding a Gnumeric view in the one window and
a Mozilla browser view in the other.  Perhaps I want to be able to drag and
drop images and text from the browser window into the spreadsheet.  Obviously,
I could do this by running multiple programs.  But it seems to me that developers
might want to use Gnome Office and Mozilla as building blocks for new applications.

	Miles