Re: Micro$oft-style dragable, resizable, stackable menu/button bars.

Thanks for the clarification.

I think the "make XXXbar take up a whole row" option is extraneous.
If toolbars can be dragged and dropped, I would think that any bar
that is placed alone on a bar should expand to occupy the entire
row, instead of being display as a box around the UI elements (buttons
or menu items).

NOTE:  The bars that are currently implemented in Gnumeric *do not do this*.
Instead, the width of each toolbar is fixed.

Miguel has informed me that Anders Carlson (andersca@gnu.org) has written
a hack for the toolbar code that allows toolbars to shrink when a window
is resized smaller than the contents of the toolbars.  The behavior is that
some toolbar elements essentially drop out of sight past the right edge
of the toolbar.  I have not yet checked out this implementation.  It doesn't
solve all the toolbar needs, but it is a step in the right direction.

-miles