Re: Gnome Sound events

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Loban Amaan Rahman wrote:

> Oops, please ignore my last email with the contents below. I was stupid and
> didn't make sure esd had properly started when I enabled the "sound server"
> and "gnome sound events" option. Hence, esdplay (which plays the wav
> files as I figured out) didn't work.

Actually, the wav files are handled directly by libesd (which GNOME
programs use) rather than being run through esdplay before going to esd.

Today's piece of useless trivia,
-- Elliot
It is easier to turn excellent functionality into excellent appearance
than excellent appearance into excellent functionality.