improper handling of icons in gnome

Here's an issue that I think needs some attention.  It came to my
attention while running an application (I've attached the C code for
your reference) that displays the current time as the title of the
icon.  The clock is designed to stay minimized.  Well, in gnome, the
title of the icons seems to be the application title, not the icon
title.  This doesn't seem the proper way to handle it.  I tried the
clock application as a test in KDE, Window Maker, FVWM, etc...gnome +
enlightenment seems to be the only environment I've found that doesn't
handle this properly...any idea why?

Jamin Philip Gray
jgray@writeme.com
http://DoLinux.org/jamin/

Her date was pleasant enough, but she knew that if her life was a
movie this guy would be buried in the credits as something like
"Second Tall Man." (Russell Beland, Springfield)