Re: How to pronounce Gnome

As this is not a linguistics board, I'll make my comment and then let this
thread die. As a vocal music major in college I was exposed to a multitude of
languages and after all was said and done, I concluded that English was my
very favorite (European) language. It's got twice the vocabulary of any other
which means English can achieve a level of subtlety unattainable in the other
languages (ie French Mother-in-law, and step-mother are the same). As for
phonetics, English may not be perfect, but again int beats french, which
leaves silent half the letters in any given word. English is basically German
with the french vocabulary, with a multitude of other smaller influences.

OK, back to No-mmm or Guh-nome or whatever you want to call it.

Jonathan