Re: URL Handlers?

gphat@mail.midtnn.net writes:

> I ran into this when I was installing gnome the last time.  Looked like
> someone messed up the dependencies.
>
> Just do 'rpm -Uvh gnome-libs-1.0.54.rpm --nodeps' then 'rpm -Uvh
> gnome-libs-devel-1.0.54.rpm'
>
> That should fix it.  The --nodeps tells rpm to install the durn thing, and
> ignore dependeny problems.  It comes in rather handy sometimes;)

There is almost always something better and safer then using --nodeps.

In this case, it is to upgrade the gnome-libs and gnome-libs-devel RPM's
simultaneously. They are required to match in version number, so if you try to
upgrade either one first, you'll get a failure, but if you upgrade them
both at once using a single rpm command line, it will work fine.

Regards,
                                        Owen