RE: Keyboard controls in Gnome?

> Hi all,
> Sorry to ask but I've looked on newsgroups and the web to no avail for
> answering this question.
>
> I picked the wrong mouse during my red hat 6.1 install, and
> now my mouse
> does not work.  How does one get around in Gnome without a
> mouse, what are
> the controls?  I think what I want to do is run
> /usr/sbin/mouseconfig but I
> am darned if I can find and docs on keyboard control in gnome.

This is not the answer to the quetion asked but I think this
will help. I'm assuming your problem is that you have a
graphical login and go stright to gnome so you can't
launch mouseconfig without a mouse to help you.

Try type using one of the virtual console (this is a kernal
feature not gnome) by pressing Shift-Ctrl and F2, (use F7 to
return. This will take you to a new text based login screen.

I could be wrong about Shift-Ctrl-F2 ir might be Alt-Ctrl-F2.

There are 6 console you start in 1 the are accessed through
F1 to F6. This came in handy for me when I changed XFree86
setting to an invalid mode.