Derived types of GnomeCanvas

In Guppi, I've got a widget that is derived from the GnomeCanvas.
The trick is that I have to be sure that the canvas is an anti-aliased
one.

After inspecting gnome-canvas.c, I figured out to put

  GNOME_CANVAS(my_widget)->aa = 1;

into my_widget_init().

This works, but is there an officially sanctioned way of doing this
that I missed?  What are the odds of this trick continuing to
work with future versions of the libgnomeui?

-JT

--
COMINT secret | Jam Echelon! http://www.echelon.wiretapped.net | NSA explosives
assassin terrorist car bomb tactical bin laden waco white house nuclear clinton