Re: Unidentified subject!

On 11 Jan, Elliot Lee wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jan 2000 tshanno@orion.it.luc.edu wrote:
>
>> I have been trying to run several gnome programs over the network on
>> my laptop.  Basically, what I have been doing is starting X on the
>> laptop, telneting to my desktop in an xterm, setting the DISPLAY
>> variable to the display on my laptop and starting the program in
>> question (lets say gnomecard).
>>
>> This works nearly all the time with other programs (such as netscape)
>> but has been crashing with most gnome programs with the message:

> What versions of the GNOME packages do you have installed on the remote
> and local machines?

Sorry about the subject.  I forgot to fill it in.

All of these are Red Hat packages.

Remote:
gnome-core-devel-1.0.53-2
gnome-pim-devel-1.0.50-1
gnome-network-1.0.2-2
gnome-linuxconf-0.22-0.1
gnome-audio-extra-1.0.0-7
gnome-audio-1.0.0-7
gnome-objc-1.0.40-1
gnome-print-0.9-1
gnome-pim-1.0.50-1
gnome-libs-devel-1.0.53-1
gnomehack-1.0.3-4
gnome-print-devel-0.9-1
pygnome-1.0.50-1
gnome-chess-0.2.1-1
gnome-users-guide-1.0.7-1
gnome-objc-devel-1.0.40-1
gnome-utils-1.0.50-1
gnome-core-1.0.53-2
gnome-media-1.0.51-1
gnome-libs-1.0.53-1

Laptop (i.e. local):
gnome-audio-extra-1.0.0-7
gnome-audio-1.0.0-7
gnome-pim-devel-1.0.50-1
gnome-games-devel-1.0.51-1
gnome-core-devel-1.0.53-2
gnome-games-1.0.51-1
gnome-libs-1.0.53-1
gnome-media-1.0.51-1
gnome-pim-1.0.50-1
gnome-linuxconf-0.23-1
gnome-objc-1.0.2-5
gnome-utils-1.0.50-1
gnome-objc-devel-1.0.2-5
switchdesk-gnome-1.7.1-1
gnome-print-0.9-1_Fubar
gnome-users-guide-1.0.7-1
pygnome-1.0.50-1
gnome-core-1.0.53-2
gnome-libs-devel-1.0.53-1

Thanks for any help,
Tom

--
Quote of the day for Sunday, 9 January, 2000:
"Speak only well of people and you need never whisper."