No Subject

I have been trying to run several gnome programs over the network on my
laptop.  Basically, what I have been doing is starting X on the laptop,
telneting to my desktop in an xterm, setting the DISPLAY variable to
the display on my laptop and starting the program in question (lets say
gnomecard).

This works nearly all the time with other programs (such as netscape)
but has been crashing with most gnome programs with the message:

---------------
** WARNING **: Could not get name service!

** WARNING **: Could not get name service!

** ERROR **: file goad.c: line 1226 (goad_server_register): assertion failed: (name_server != CORBA_OBJECT_NIL)
aborting...
Aborted (core dumped)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom
--
Quote of the day for Sunday, 9 January, 2000:
"Speak only well of people and you need never whisper."