Suggestion for GnomeEntry

I'd like to suggest for discussion either an enhancement to the
GnomeEntry widget, or a new widget descended from GnomeEntry. As an
example, when I use "Add swallowed app" from the panel to swallow my
many xload windows, I always pick the title from the GnomeEntry
history and then set the width to 120. Every time I do this I think
how cool it would be if the history setting could remember this for
me.

The job of the GnomeEntry history is to remember what has been done
before so the user does not have to enter it again. But in a dialog
containing other widgets in addition to GnomeEntry the job is only
partially done if GnomeEntry only takes care of itself. In a dialog
box where the GnomeEntry is a reasonable "key" to the whole dialog, it
would be sweet if picking from the history list restored everything.

I'm trying to work out the details of this and the hardest part (I
think) is how to associate each remembered setting with the correct
widget, since many widget instances are "anonymous" - the swallowed
app dialog for instance has two spin boxes and how do we tell one from
the other?

Maybe I'm on the wrong track and this idea doesn't have enough general
application to be in a library widget, but I thought I'd at least
throw it out for discussion. Thanks.

--
Instrument your programs. Measure before making "efficiency" changes.