Panel gone - help!

Greetings all!

I dun a bad ting :-(

My granddaughter had access to my Gnome as root while I was otherwise engaged.
(Yes I KNOW I should have logged out <ashamed look>)

Whether it was her 'fault' or not, the symptom is that the Gnome panel has
now vanished, and I therefore have no access to any programs as root.  :-(

All is well if I log on as a User, so all is not totally lost.  :-)

How can I reset Gnome for root?

Sorry to bother you over a careless error, rather than a real problem.  <sigh>

Brian

Brian Astill,  Visiting Research Fellow
Flinders University Institute of International Education