Re: Pan 0.7.6 is released

On Tue, Feb 22, 2000 at 10:43:46PM +0000, John Flux wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Jason Leach wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Version 0.7.6 of Pan, a USENET newsreader for GNOME, has been released.
> My stupid ISP won't give us an NNTP server - is there a public one ?

Yes, there are actually many public NNTP servers out there.  They
might not all be permanent, or as fast or full as a pay server/isp
server, but there are some good sources on the web that track and
index current lists of them.

The best list I know of is at http://www.jammed.com/~newzbot/

Enjoy,

Jason Leach